I often ask my clients to research and watch the property market BEFORE they buy.
Why should you do this? and how?
Why? By researching / watching the market you will understand the value of property in the area you are looking. It will give you the ability to pick out bargain or a over-priced property. You get a feel for what you like or are looking for in a property and how much those properties are selling for.
With this education you will be an informed buyer who will know be able to react quicker when you find the right property and learn how to pick up what agents are telling you the truth.
How do you research the market?
- Sign up to weekly updates from realestate.com.au. (you need to create a free account) They will send you the new listings for the suburb of your choice and within your price range
- Go to open home regularly
- Check the auction results weekly (can be done on realestate.com.au)
- Go to some auctions so you know what to expect
- Ask ZEP Finance for property profile reports which give estimate values
- Keep track of the houses you like, their sales prices and time on the market (good properties don’t last long)
Speak to us if you need assistance 🙂
Related Tags: Mortgage Broker Ballina